Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Leap of Faith(flow-of-consciousness)

If one were to question my belief about immortality of the soul, what would I say? If I were to honestly face with the possibility of an end of consciousness, then?

I'd have to take it, of course, but until I am animate I'd want my animation to be pleasant.

But if I were to ask that skeptic, or honest philosopher, how can you be so sure you are conscious, anyway? "I think, therefore I am"? What if thought is naught but inanimate matter, ringing off of space? What if you are not aware of sound, but just are the sound? What if awareness is not awareness, but matter?

That is untrue, the other might say... I am not sound, I am a perceiver of sound. Because I can perceive, I am.

But approaching the scrutiny of awareness and thought is a muddled-up deal. It is like measuring something with itself. You scrutinize thought, but have a hard time taking notes because the notes are first and foremost in the form of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment